Each new season moves us through a period of change and transformation and evokes different emotions within each of us. Some of us love Autumn and all the cozy times that the cooler weather brings so our Fall Style To Go and Color Duets proclaim the feelings that this season stirs in us: Autumn in New England, Pumpkin Patch, Cashmere Scarf, Golden Hour, Misty Morning View, etc. In the same way, our Fall Unity Bracelets are named for the positive encouragement that some of us need to deal with the shift that signifies the fun of Summer has ended: Strength, Focus, Thrive, Nurture, etc. And of course, our Super Power bracelets are now in Fall’s beautiful colors, too.
Whether your emotions about Autumn are warm and fuzzy or lean more to the melancholy, we have some ideas to help you with your transition to the new season:
- Plan Something Fun: Every season has unique activities and festive elements to enjoy. So continuing that celebratory mind set helps us focus on appreciating everything the new season offers.
- Develop New Goals: “Back to School Time” still resonates with most of us as a clean-slate – full of possibilities. Now is a great time to pursue personal improvement projects. Make sure you add commitments slowly so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- Organize: Now is a good time to purge your summer clothing: What do you want to keep for another season and what do you want to donate? Bring out your cooler-weather clothes and make sure they are ready to wear before you need them.
- Think Healthy: The Fall Harvest is here so explore new recipes to include fresh seasonal veggies and fruits. Make sure you continue to get exercise. An active body is an important component to physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
- Find New Activities for Shorter Days: Hobbies or activities that keep us mentally stimulated and bring us joy are great when outdoor activities aren’t as accessible. Explore creative projects or perhaps an online course for fun. We just discovered Coursera, a resource for free or inexpensive online courses offered by top universities and organizations worldwide.
Tags: Africa, autumn, autumn accessories, Autumnal Equinox, Back to School, eco fashion world, eco-chic jewelry, eco-style, Fair Trade, fall, fall colors, Katy Leakey, Kenya, Maasai, Philip Leakey, Zulugrass